First I basecoated the model in Chaos Black, and all the mechanical components got a layer of Boltgun Metal. I followed this with two slightly thined coats of Orkhide Shade from the foundation range, to give me a dark green base on the flesh.
|After the Orkhide Shade and Boltgun basecoats - it just means |
that the recesses will actually be a very dark green instead of pure black, which
I find does help it look better in the long run - black often looks too unnatural for me.
Next, I drybrushed over this heavily with Dark Angels Green to pick out the details, leaving the Orkhide Shade showing in the recesses.
|This is it just after the Dark Angels Green - it makes a huge difference|
|This is after the highlights and Thraka Green wash, but |
before the 'ripped' flesh has received all of its highlights
For the 'ripped' flesh, I painted them first in a 1:1 ratio of Bleached Bone:Dark Angels Green before the washes, followed by highlights in 2:1 and 3:1 ratios. This then had a Thraka Green wash applied just to those areas. This was to darken the recesses of these areas, while still keeping them paler than the rest of the flesh.
As a start to the armour, I did a 1:2 Chaos Black:Red Gore coat on the plating that is going to be dark red, and a all over Gryphonne Sepia wash to all of the metal components that were previously just Boltgun Metal.
|This is the current state it is in - the ripped flesh has been lightened and highlighted, and the claw has had its heavy Gryphonne Sepia wash and the plating has been painted dark red.|